- Not to engage in the pursuit of ideas is to live like ants instead of like men.
- Unless we love and are loved, each of us is alone, each of us is deeply lonely.
- The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as we continue to live.
- In the case of good books, the point is not how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you.
- True freedom is impossible without a mind made free by discipline.
- Freedom is the emancipation from the arbitrary rule of other men.
- Ask others about themselves, at the same time, be on guard not to talk too much about yourself.
- A lecture has been well described as the process whereby the notes of the teacher become the notes of the student without passing through the mind of either.
- The telephone book is full of facts, but it doesn’t contain a single idea.
- If you never ask yourself any questions about the meaning of a passage, you cannot expect the book to give you any insight you do not already possess.
Tags : Live Online Radio