- Washing one’s hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.
- Leaders who do not act dialogically, but insist on imposing their decisions, do not organize the people–they manipulate them. They do not liberate, nor are they liberated: they oppress.
- If the structure does not permit dialogue the structure must be changed.
- Looking at the past must only be a means of understanding more clearly what and who they are so that they can more wisely build the future.
- No one is born fully-formed: it is through self-experience in the world that we become what we are.
- The oppressors do not favor promoting the community as a whole, but rather selected leaders.
- Any situation in which some men prevent others from engaging in the process of inquiry is one of violence;… to alienate humans from their own decision making is to change them into objects.
- The greatest humanistic and historical task of the oppressed: to liberate themselves.
- Reading is not walking on the words; it’s grasping the soul of them.
- The oppressed, having internalized the image of the oppressor and adopted his guidelines, are fearful of freedom.
Tags : Live Online Radio