Former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
Born: June 19, 1964
Boris Johnson, full name Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, is a British politician and journalist. He was born on June 19, 1964, in New York City, United States. Johnson is best known for his role as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, a position he has held since July 24, 2019.
Johnson attended the European School in Brussels and later studied at Eton College in England. He continued his education at Balliol College, Oxford, where he studied Classics. After graduating, he worked as a journalist for various publications, including The Times and The Daily Telegraph, where he gained popularity for his humorous and often controversial writing style.
In 2001, Johnson entered politics and was elected as a Member of Parliament (MP) for Henley. He served as the MP for Henley until 2008 when he was elected as the Mayor of London. As Mayor, he implemented various initiatives, such as introducing the “Boris Bikes” bicycle-sharing scheme and promoting the city’s cultural and economic development. Johnson served as Mayor of London for two terms, from 2008 to 2016.
In 2015, Johnson returned to the House of Commons as the MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip. He gained significant attention for his role as a leading campaigner for Brexit during the 2016 European Union membership referendum. Following the referendum, Johnson served as the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs under Prime Minister Theresa May from 2016 to 2018.
After May’s resignation, Johnson became the leader of the Conservative Party and subsequently assumed the role of Prime Minister in July 2019. As Prime Minister, he faced significant challenges, including the Brexit negotiations, the COVID-19 pandemic, and domestic political issues. Johnson’s leadership style and policies have generated both support and controversy throughout his career.
Please note that this bio reflects information available up until September 2021, and there may have been developments or changes since then.
Boris Johnson’s 5 most popular quotes
- I want London to be the most cycle-friendly city on Earth, and I want more people to be happy and safe on bicycles.
- My speaking style was criticised by no less an authority than Arnold Schwarzenegger. It was a low moment, my friends, to have my rhetorical skills denounced by a monosyllabic Austrian cyborg.
- There is absolutely no one, apart from yourself, who can prevent you, in the middle of the night, from sneaking down to tidy up the edges of that hunk of cheese at the back of the fridge.
- My chances of being PM are about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive.
- My friends, as I have discovered myself, there are no disasters, only opportunities. And, indeed, opportunities for fresh disasters.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Former_Prime_Minister_of_the_United_Kingdom #United_Kingdom #Boris_Johnson #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio