Born: June 19, 1978
Zoe Saldana is an American actress and producer, known for her versatile roles in both film and television. She was born on June 19, 1978, in Passaic, New Jersey, United States.
Saldana began her acting career in the late 1990s, with appearances in television shows such as “Law & Order” and “Crossroads.” However, she gained significant recognition for her roles in blockbuster films. In 2009, she portrayed the character of Nyota Uhura in the rebooted “Star Trek” film series, directed by J.J. Abrams. Her performance in the film garnered critical acclaim and helped establish her as a rising star.
Saldana achieved further success with her role as Neytiri, the Na’vi princess, in James Cameron’s epic science fiction film “Avatar” (2009). The film became the highest-grossing movie of all time at the box office and earned numerous accolades, including multiple Academy Award nominations.
Throughout her career, Saldana has demonstrated her versatility by taking on diverse roles. She portrayed Gamora, a green-skinned alien assassin, in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) films, including “Guardians of the Galaxy” (2014), “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” (2017), and “Avengers: Infinity War” (2018). Her performance in these films further solidified her reputation as an action film star.
In addition to her work in blockbuster films, Saldana has also appeared in critically acclaimed projects such as “Out of the Furnace” (2013) and “The Book of Life” (2014). She has received praise for her ability to bring depth and complexity to her characters, regardless of the genre.
Outside of her acting career, Saldana is known for her advocacy work and commitment to various social causes. She has been involved in initiatives that promote environmental sustainability and gender equality.
Zoe Saldana’s talent, versatility, and dedication to her craft have made her one of the most respected and sought-after actresses in Hollywood. Her contributions to the entertainment industry have left a lasting impact, and she continues to be a prominent figure in film and television.
Zoe Saldana’s 5 most popular quotes
- The biggest obstacle I’ve had to overcome is being a woman in a man’s world.
- Trust me: Studios, investors, filmmakers, they will shift because they just follow the money trail.
- Where people really base their principles has nothing to do with the color of someone’s skin, it has to do with money and their class.
- I do believe in us as actors and directors and writers and producers and also as movie-goers. We have much more power than we believe we have. Without our ticket, studios can’t make traditional decisions.
- I’m more of a guy’s girl. I like having a beer in a bar, and I don’t bicker or sit down and do my nails.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #American_Actress #Actress #zoe_saldana #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio