Born: March 30, 1945
Eric Clapton is an English musician, singer, and songwriter born on March 30, 1945, in Ripley, Surrey, England. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest guitarists of all time, with a career spanning over six decades.
Clapton began his musical career in the 1960s with the Yardbirds, before joining John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers and later forming the band Cream. He then went on to a successful solo career, with hits such as “Layla,” “Tears in Heaven,” and “Wonderful Tonight.”
Clapton has also collaborated with many other notable musicians over the years, including George Harrison, The Beatles, and The Rolling Stones. He has won numerous awards for his music, including 18 Grammy Awards, and has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame three times.
Aside from his music, Clapton has also been open about his struggles with addiction and has been involved in various philanthropic endeavors, including founding the Crossroads Centre, a treatment center for drug and alcohol addiction.
Eric Clapton’s 5 most popular quotes
- Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all fear and confusion.
- Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present. It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.
- One of the most beneficial things I’ve ever learned is how to keep my mouth shut.
- My driving philosophy about making music is that you can reduce it all down to one note if that note is played with the right kind of sincerity.
- In my lowest moments, the only reason I didn’t commit suicide was that I knew I wouldn’t be able to drink any more if I was dead.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #English_guitarist #Guitarist #Eric_Clapton #Birthday #FM #online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio