Born: June 25, 1963
Died: December 25, 2016
George Michael was a renowned English singer, songwriter, and record producer. Born on June 25, 1963, in London, he rose to prominence as the lead vocalist of the duo Wham!, along with Andrew Ridgeley, in the early 1980s. George Michael’s exceptional vocal range and heartfelt lyrics captivated audiences worldwide. With hits like “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” and “Careless Whisper,” Wham! became a sensation.
In the late 1980s, George Michael embarked on a successful solo career, showcasing his versatility and artistry. His debut solo album, “Faith,” released in 1987, produced chart-topping singles like “Faith,” “Father Figure,” and “One More Try,” earning him critical acclaim and commercial success. Throughout his career, he sold over 100 million records globally.
George Michael’s music reflected his personal experiences, exploring themes of love, sexuality, and societal issues. Beyond his musical achievements, he became a prominent figure in advocating for LGBTQ+ rights and humanitarian causes. However, his personal life was marred by controversies and legal battles.
Sadly, George Michael passed away on December 25, 2016, at the age of 53, leaving behind a lasting musical legacy. His soulful voice, exceptional songwriting skills, and undeniable charisma continue to influence and inspire artists and fans worldwide.
George Michael’s 5 most popular quotes
- I’ve done too many stupid things for there not to be movies made about me when I’m dead, so I might as well write the script.
- Because of the media, the way the world is perceived is as a place where resources and time are running out. We’re taught that you have to grab what you can before it’s gone. It’s almost as if there isn’t time for compassion.
- I just hope that I’ll stay around musically for as long as I can. I love to think that I will still be satisfying myself and other people as a musician until the day I die.
- People, you can never change the way they feel. Better let them do what they will. For they will, if you let them, steal your heart.
- Without despair, we will share, and the joys of caring will not be erased. What has been, must never end, the joys of caring will not be replace.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #English_singer_songwriter #singer_songwriter #George_Michael #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio