Top 10 most inspiring quotes by Benjamin Graham
- The intelligent investor is a realist who sells to optimists and buys from pessimists.
- An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis, promises safety of principal and an adequate return. Operations not meeting these requirements are speculative.
- In the short run, the market is a voting machine but in the long run, it is a weighing machine.
- But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game.
- The stock investor is neither right or wrong because others agreed or disagreed with him; he is right because his facts and analysis are right.
- Obvious prospects for physical growth in a business do not translate into obvious profits for investors.
- People who invest make money for themselves; people who speculate make money for their brokers.
- On the other hand, investing is a unique kind of casino—one where you cannot lose in the end, so long as you play only by the rules that put the odds squarely in your favor.
- As the Danish philosopher Søren Kierkegaard noted, life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards.
- The investment world nevertheless has enough liars, cheaters, and thieves to keep Satan’s check-in clerks frantically busy for decades to come.
Benjamin Graham (1894–1976) was an influential economist, investor, and renowned figure in the field of value investing. Born in London, he later moved to the United States and became a pioneering figure in the world of finance.
Graham’s legacy primarily stems from his groundbreaking book, “Security Analysis” (1934), co-authored with David Dodd, which laid the foundation for his investment philosophy. He emphasized the concept of “value investing,” advocating for the selection of stocks that were undervalued in the market compared to their intrinsic worth. This approach aimed to reduce risk and generate long-term profits.
His investment principles were further expounded upon in his seminal work, “The Intelligent Investor” (1949), which remains a classic in the investment world, guiding countless investors with its insights on rational decision-making, risk management, and fundamental analysis.
Graham also mentored some of the most successful investors of the 20th century, including Warren Buffett, who later became one of his most famous disciples.
Throughout his life, Graham was a proponent of financial conservatism and prudence, promoting the idea that thorough research, analysis, and a margin of safety were crucial elements in successful investing. His teachings continue to be revered and applied by investors globally.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Benjamin_Graham #quotes #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio