Top 10 most inspiring quotes by Diana Vreeland
- The only real elegance is in the mind; if you’ve got that, the rest really comes from it.
- It’s not about the dress you wear, but it’s about the life you lead in the dress.
- There’s only one very good life and that’s the life you know you want and you make it yourself.
- I think when you’re young you should be a lot with yourself and your sufferings. Then one day you get out where the sun shines and the rain rains and the snow snows and it all comes together.
- The first rule that a geisha is taught, at the age of nine, is to be charming to other women…Every girl in the world should have geisha training.
- I once heard someone say, “I shall die very young. How young? I don’t know. Maybe seventy, maybe eighty, maybe ninety. But I shall be very young.
- Unshined shoes are the end of civilization.
- People who eat white bread have no dreams.
- You don’t have to be born beautiful to be wildly attractive.
- I adore that pink, it is the navy blue of India!
Diana Vreeland (1903–1989) was a trailblazing and influential figure in the worlds of fashion and journalism. Born in Paris and raised in New York, she became an iconic fashion editor and curator. Vreeland’s career took off in the 1930s when she joined Harper’s Bazaar as a fashion columnist, and later, as its fashion editor from 1936 to 1962. During her tenure, she revolutionized the magazine, introducing bold and innovative ideas that pushed the boundaries of fashion journalism.
In 1962, she became the editor-in-chief of Vogue, where she continued to shape the fashion industry and redefine beauty standards. Her distinctive taste and eye for talent discovered and nurtured many top models and photographers, including Twiggy and Richard Avedon.
Vreeland was known for her eccentric personality, dramatic style, and memorable quotes. Her contributions to the fashion world extended beyond the printed page; she curated exhibitions at the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute, such as the groundbreaking “Balenciaga: Spanish Master” and “The World of Balenciaga.” Her impact on the industry and her unique vision continue to inspire and influence fashion and culture to this day.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Diana_Vreeland #quotes #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio