Top 10 most inspiring quotes by Don Marquis
- If you make people think they’re thinking, they’ll love you; But if you really make them think, they’ll hate you.
- When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him: ‘Whose?
- If you want to get rich from writing, write the sort of thing that’s read by persons who move their lips when they’re reading to themselves.
- A pessimist is a person who has had to listen to too many optimists.
- Publishing a book of poetry is like dropping a rose petal down the Grand Canyon and waiting for the echo.
- Our is a world where people don’t know what they want and are willing to go through hell to get it.
- It is better to be a part of beauty for one instant and then cease to exist than to exist forever and never be a part of beauty
- Nearly every night before I go to bed I ask myself, “Have I vibrated in tune with the Infinite today, or have I failed?
- The female of all species are most dangerous when they appear to retreat.
- The chief obstacle to the progress of the human race is the human race.
Don Marquis (1878-1937) was an American journalist, playwright, and author known for his wit, humor, and literary versatility. Born in Walnut, Illinois, Marquis began his career as a journalist, writing for various newspapers, including the Atlanta Constitution, where he gained recognition for his columns.
One of Marquis’s most famous literary creations is “Archy and Mehitabel,” a series of humorous poems and stories published in the early 20th century. The series features Archy, a free-verse poet reincarnated as a cockroach, and Mehitabel, a streetwise alley cat with a penchant for adventure. Archy’s inability to operate the shift key on a typewriter (he writes in lowercase) adds a unique charm to the tales, which often contain social commentary and satire.
Marquis’s works often explored the human condition, society’s foibles, and the complexities of life through the lens of his whimsical animal characters. His writing style combined humor with insightful observations, making him a beloved figure in American literature.
In addition to “Archy and Mehitabel,” Marquis authored numerous plays, essays, and books throughout his career, displaying his versatility as a writer. His contributions to American humor and satire continue to be celebrated, and his works remain widely read and enjoyed to this day. Don Marquis’s legacy endures as a testament to the enduring power of humor and wit in literature.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Don_Marquis #quotes #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio