Born: September 24, 1962
Nia Vardalos is a Canadian-American actress, screenwriter, and producer, best known for her breakout role in the 2002 romantic comedy film “My Big Fat Greek Wedding.” She was born on September 24, 1962, in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Vardalos began her career in the entertainment industry as a member of the improvisational comedy troupe The Second City in Toronto. Her big break came when she wrote and starred in “My Big Fat Greek Wedding,” which was based on her own experiences growing up in a Greek-Canadian family. The film was a massive success, becoming one of the highest-grossing independent films of all time and earning her an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Screenplay.
Following the success of “My Big Fat Greek Wedding,” Nia Vardalos continued to work in film, television, and theater. She reprised her role in the film’s sequel, “My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2,” and appeared in various other movies and TV shows.
In addition to her acting career, Vardalos is an advocate for adoption and has written a memoir called “Instant Mom,” detailing her journey to motherhood through adoption. She has also been involved in philanthropic endeavors and continues to be a prominent figure in the entertainment industry.
Nia Vardalos’s 5 most popular quotes
- Anyone who ever wondered how much they could love a child who did not spring from their own loins, know this: it is the same. The feeling of love is so profound, it’s incredible and surprising.
- You only get one life so you might as well make it a happy one, and that’s why I tend to just jump into things. I’m sort of a fearless idiot that way.
- The man may be the head of the household. But the woman is the neck, and she can turn the head whichever way she pleases.
- My New Year’s Resolution List usually starts with the desire to lose between ten and three thousand pounds.
- If the standard route for creating a family had worked for me, I wouldn’t have met this child. I needed to know her. I needed to be her mother. She is, in every way my daughter.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Canadian_actress #actress #Nia_Vardalos #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio