Top 10 most inspiring quotes by J. R. D. Tata
- No success or achievement in material terms is worthwhile unless it serves the needs or interests of the country and its people and is achieved by fair and honest means.
- I know that aiming at perfection has its drawbacks. It makes you go into details that you can avoid but that is the only way you can achieve excellence. So, in that case, being finicky is essential.
- Making steel may be compared to making a chappati. To make a good chappati, even a golden pin will not work unless the dough is good.
- The wealth gathered by Jamsetji Tata and his sons in half a century of industrial pioneering formed but a minute fraction of the amount by which they enriched the nation. The whole of that wealth is held in trust for the people and used exclusively for their benefit. The cycle is thus complete; what came from the people has gone back to the people many times over.
- If you want excellence, you must aim at perfection. It has its drawbacks but being finicky is essential.
- Good human relations not only bring great personal rewards but are essential to the success of any enterprise.
- I do not want India to be an economic superpower. I want India to be a happy country.
- Productivity and efficiency can be achieved only step by step with sustained hard work, relentless attention to details and insistence on the highest standards of quality and performance.
- If I have any merit, it is getting along with individuals, according to their ways and characteristics. At times it involves suppressing yourself. It is painful, but necessary. To be a leader you have got to lead human beings with affection.
- ways aim at perfection for only then will you achieve excellence.
Jehangir Ratanji Dadabhoy Tata, commonly known as J.R.D. Tata, was an Indian industrialist, philanthropist, and aviation pioneer. He was born on July 29, 1904, in Paris, France, into the wealthy Tata family. He was the son of Ratanji Dadabhoy Tata and his French wife, Suzanne Brière.
J.R.D. Tata had a multicultural upbringing and was fluent in several languages, including French, English, and Gujarati. He completed his education in France and later attended the Cathedral and John Connon School in Mumbai (then Bombay). He showed an early interest in aviation and became one of India’s first licensed pilots.
In 1938, J.R.D. Tata took over as the chairman of Tata Sons, the principal holding company of the Tata Group, a prominent conglomerate founded by his family. Under his leadership, the Tata Group expanded and diversified its businesses, making significant contributions to various sectors of the Indian economy.
One of J.R.D. Tata’s notable achievements was the establishment of Air India, India’s first international airline, in 1946. He played a crucial role in developing civil aviation in India and served as the chairman of Air India for more than 25 years. He also founded Tata Motors (formerly known as Tata Engineering and Locomotive Co. Ltd.), which became India’s largest automobile company.
J.R.D. Tata was known for his visionary leadership, ethical business practices, and commitment to social welfare. He believed in corporate social responsibility and implemented various initiatives to improve the lives of Tata Group employees and the communities in which the company operated. He emphasized the importance of education, healthcare, and rural development.
For his contributions to industry and society, J.R.D. Tata received numerous awards and honors, including the Padma Vibhushan, India’s second-highest civilian award, in 1955. He was also honored with the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award, in 1992.
J.R.D. Tata remained active and engaged in business and philanthropy until his last days. He passed away on November 29, 1993, in Geneva, Switzerland. His legacy continues to inspire generations of entrepreneurs and leaders, and the Tata Group remains one of India’s most respected and influential business conglomerates.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #J._R._D._Tata #quotes #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio