Canadian poet and novelist
Born: November 18, 1939
Margaret Atwood, born on November 18, 1939, in Ottawa, Canada, is a renowned and prolific author celebrated for her diverse contributions to literature. With a career spanning several decades, Atwood has earned international acclaim for her thought-provoking and dystopian works. She is best known for novels such as “The Handmaid’s Tale,” a speculative fiction masterpiece that explores themes of gender, power, and societal control. Atwood’s writing often delves into the intersections of science fiction, feminism, and environmentalism, reflecting her keen observations on contemporary society.
Educated at the University of Toronto and Radcliffe College, Atwood began her literary career with poetry collections like “The Circle Game” and “The Journals of Susanna Moodie.” Over time, she expanded her repertoire to include novels, short stories, essays, and children’s literature. In addition to critical acclaim, Atwood has received numerous awards, including the Booker Prize for “The Blind Assassin” and the Governor General’s Award for multiple works. A versatile and influential literary figure, Margaret Atwood continues to inspire readers and writers globally with her imaginative storytelling and insightful social commentary.
Margaret Atwood’s 5 most popular quotes
- A voice is a human gift; it should be cherished and used, to utter fully human speech as possible. Powerlessness and silence go together.
- Myths can’t be translated as they did in their ancient soil. We can only find our own meaning in our own time.
- Speculative fiction encompasses that which we could actually do. Sci-fi is that which we’re probably not going to see.
- If you’re waiting for the perfect moment, you’ll never write a thing because it will never arrive. I have no routine. I have no foolproof anything. There’s nothing foolproof.
- If social stability goes pear-shaped, you have a choice between anarchy and dictatorship. Most people will opt for more security, even if they have to give up some personal freedom.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Canadian_poet_novelist #poet_novelist #Margaret_Atwood #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio