American actress and comedian
Born: November 18, 1981
Nasim Pedrad is an Iranian-American actress and comedian born on November 18, 1981, in Tehran, Iran. She and her family immigrated to the United States when she was young, and she grew up in Irvine, California. Pedrad attended UCLA, where she became involved in the comedy troupe “Upright Citizens Brigade.”
She gained widespread recognition as a cast member on the popular sketch comedy show “Saturday Night Live” (SNL) from 2009 to 2014. During her time on SNL, Pedrad became known for her memorable characters and celebrity impressions, including Kim Kardashian and Arianna Huffington.
In addition to her work on SNL, Nasim Pedrad has pursued a successful acting career. She has appeared in various television shows and films, with notable roles in series like “Mulaney” and “Scream Queens.” Pedrad also voiced the character of Jillian Belk in the animated series “Mulaney” and played a recurring role on the hit sitcom “New Girl.”
Nasim Pedrad’s talent extends beyond acting, as she has also ventured into writing and producing. Her contributions to the entertainment industry have solidified her as a versatile and accomplished figure in comedy and acting.
Nasim Pedrad’s 5 most popular quotes
- If men could get pregnant, abortion clinics would be like Starbucks – two on every block and four in every airport. And the morning-after pill would come in different flavors like sea salt and cool ranch.
- John [Mulaney] likes to say I’m like a district attorney with absolutely no jurisdiction whatsoever.
- I knew at a young age that I wanted to do comedy, and maybe part of that was trying to fit in at school because I had a weird name, and my parents had these accents, and I was definitely a late bloomer.
- At the time, I was in L.A., just auditioning and hoping to land a part, dramatic or comedic. I started to feel really stagnant, waiting for a part. I was also taking classes at UCB and Groundlings, and at the higher levels, they focus on writing. It was such a relief to be able to write. During those programs, I wrote a one-woman show called Me, Myself, and Iran, and it ended up getting to Tina Fey. She recommended me to audition for SNL, so I got my first of two auditions through her.
- I’ll never forget my very first [SNL] show. I had a card in my changing room from Kristen Wiig. It just had a heart on the inside, and she’d written “Have fun.” That always stayed with me.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #American_actress_comedian #actress_comedian #Nasim_Pedrad #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio