Born: June 18, 1986
Richard Madden is a Scottish actor born on June 18, 1986, in Elderslie, Renfrewshire, Scotland. He gained worldwide recognition for his portrayal of Robb Stark, the eldest son of Ned Stark, in the hit HBO series “Game of Thrones.”
Madden began his acting career in the theater and made his television debut in the children’s series “Barmy Aunt Boomerang” in 1999. He later appeared in various British television shows, including “Hope Springs,” “Sirens,” and “Birdsong.” However, it was his role as Robb Stark in “Game of Thrones” from 2011 to 2013 that brought him widespread acclaim and established him as a rising star in the industry.
Following his success on “Game of Thrones,” Madden appeared in several notable films, including “Cinderella” (2015), where he played Prince Kit, and “Bastille Day” (2016), alongside Idris Elba. In 2018, he starred as the lead protagonist, Sergeant David Budd, in the critically acclaimed BBC thriller series “Bodyguard,” for which he won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Television Series – Drama.
Madden has continued to build his career with diverse roles in film and television. He starred in the Elton John biopic “Rocketman” (2019), portraying John Reid, Elton John’s former manager and lover. In 2021, he starred in the science fiction film “Eternals” as Ikaris, a member of a race of immortal beings. The film is part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Throughout his career, Richard Madden has been praised for his compelling performances, and his talent and versatility have earned him a dedicated fanbase. He has been recognized with various awards for his work in both television and film, solidifying his status as one of the prominent actors of his generation.
Richard Madden’s 5 most popular quotes
- Doing jobs that are completely different to the last thing I did pushes me as an actor to change as much as I can. It would be easy for me to stay in a similar vein of characters or jobs, but I’m drawn to challenging myself.
- Google is the enemy. I would tell that to anyone who enjoys any TV show like ‘Game of Thrones’ to avoid it; it spoils so many storylines.
- The concept of a woman with a terrible life who needs a man to come and rescue her, doesn’t apply and isn’t something we should probably be teaching kids.
- Cinderella could not be more wonderful, as a woman. You’re with her, the whole film. I had to create a guy that was worthy of her affections, and that was difficult.
- I like clothes and fashion. It’s a hobby for me and I really enjoy being part of it, so it’s nice when people say: ‘He can dress quite well.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Scottish_Actor #Actor #Richard_Madden #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio