10 enlightening quotes by carl sagan
- Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.
- The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.
- Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
- One glance at a book and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps someone dead for 1,000 years. To read is to voyage through time.
- If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
- For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
- Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.
- Frederick Douglass taught that literacy is the path from slavery to freedom. There are many kinds of slavery and many kinds of freedom, but reading is still the path.
- The nuclear arms race is like two sworn enemies standing waist deep in gasoline, one with three matches, the other with five.
- I consider it an extremely dangerous doctrine, because the more likely we are to assume that the solution comes from the outside, the less likely we are to solve our problems ourselves.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Leo_Tolstoy #quotes #FM #onlineradio #radio #liveonlineradio #live #worldradio