- It’s very hard, in the beginning, to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually, you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit.
- There are as many reasons for running as there are days in the year, years in my life. But mostly I run because I am an animal and a child, an artist and a saint. So, too, are you. Find your own play, your own self-renewing compulsion, and you will become the person you are meant to be.
- Happiness is different from pleasure. Happiness has something to do with struggling and enduring and accomplishing.
- The answer to the big questions in running is the same as the answer to the big questions in life: Do the best with what you’ve got.
- All human development, no matter what form it takes, must be outside the rules; otherwise we would never have anything new.
- My definition of an educated man is the fellow who knows the right thing to do at the time it has to be done. You can be sincere and still be stupid.
- The more I run, the more I want to run, and the more I live a life conditioned and influenced and fashioned by my running. And the more I run, the more certain I am that I am heading for my real goal: to become the person I am.
- Running is just such a monastery- a retreat, a place to commune with God and yourself, a place for psychological and spiritual renewal.
- Everyone is an athlete. The only difference is that some of us are in training, and some are not.
- Like everyone else, I want to be challenged. I want to find out whether or not I am a coward. I want to see how much effort I can put out . . . what I can endure . . . if I measure up. Running allows that.
10 inspirational george a. sheehan quotes on success
Tags : Live Online Radio
10 inspirational charles kettering quotes on success