Top 10 most inspiring quotes by Bess Myerson
- To fall in love is awfully simple, but to fall out of love is simply awful.
- The accomplice to the crime of corruption is frequently our own indifference.
- Once people have seen four or five Henry Moores, they will have a sense of great art.
- Not only do I have celebrity, but I have notoriety, which is sometimes more seductive.
- I don’t look upon my divorces as mistakes. Those marriages were right for the Bess that made that decision at that time.
- I never like other people to clean for me. I don’t want them to invade my own privacy.
- I’m not conniving – that has a pejorative context. I’m not sitting in back rooms making deals. That’s not my style.
- Mama never told me, ‘Bess, you did good.’ She wanted the best for us and she was an incredible administrator. She ran those three kids, that house, the whole bit. But if I looked fine, she’d find something wrong – the color, the hem… I used to tell her, ‘Mama, don’t worry when you’re not with me, because you’re with me.’
- All the praise I received couldn’t substitute for the praise I had never received from my mother at home. I longed for some wonderful man to come and save me from my life – but there didn’t seem to be any, at least not for me.
- I’ve lived through a lifetime of crises and survived.
Bess Myerson (1924–2014) was an accomplished American beauty queen, television personality, and public servant. Born in the Bronx, New York, she gained national recognition by winning the Miss America pageant in 1945, becoming the first Jewish contestant to win the title. Her victory was seen as a significant moment in the pageant’s history, breaking barriers and challenging prevailing social norms.
Myerson utilized her platform to advocate for various social issues, including civil rights and equality. Her intelligence and determination went beyond her beauty queen status, leading her to a career in public service. She served as New York City’s Commissioner of Consumer Affairs from 1969 to 1973, where she worked to protect the rights of consumers and fight against fraud.
Throughout her life, Myerson encountered both personal and public challenges, including a high-profile scandal in the 1980s. Despite this, she remained an influential figure and continued her efforts in various charitable and public service endeavors. Her legacy extends beyond her beauty queen status, marking her as a trailblazer in advocating for social causes and paving the way for women in public service and activism. Bess Myerson’s life stands as a testament to resilience and determination in the face of adversity.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Bess_Myerson #quotes #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio