Top 10 most inspiring quotes by Bette Davis
- When a man gives his opinion, he’s a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she’s a bitch.
- There comes a time in every woman’s life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne.
- If you have never been hated by your child, you have never been a parent.
- It’s better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for someone you’re not. It’s a sign of your worth sometimes, if you’re hated by the right people.
- You should know me well enough by now to know I don’t ask for things I don’t think I can get.
- Love is not enough. It must be the foundation, the cornerstone- but not the complete structure. It is much too pliable, to yielding.
- I was thought to be ‘stuck up.’ I wasn’t. I was just sure of myself. This is and always has been an unforgivable quality to the unsure.
- You will never be happier than you expect. To change your happiness, change your expectation.
- Men become much more attractive when they start looking older. But it doesn’t do much for women, though we do have an advantage: make-up.
- To fulfill a dream, to be allowed to sweat over lovely labor, to be given the chance to create, is the meat and potatoes of life. The money is the gravy.
Bette Davis, born on April 5, 1908, in Lowell, Massachusetts, was an iconic and trailblazing actress in the golden age of Hollywood. Renowned for her fierce talent, distinctive voice, and intense on-screen presence, Davis became a symbol of strength and resilience in an era dominated by male stars.
Her career spanned several decades, during which she delivered remarkable performances in various films, earning ten Academy Award nominations and two wins for Best Actress. Some of her most notable films include “Jezebel,” “All About Eve,” “Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?” and “Now, Voyager.”
Davis was known for her determination to break away from stereotypical roles for women in film, often portraying complex, strong-willed characters. Her professional tenacity led to clashes with studios over contracts and creative control, which only solidified her reputation as a fierce advocate for her work.
Beyond her acting prowess, Bette Davis left an indelible mark on the entertainment industry, setting a standard for future generations of actors. Her legacy continues to influence performers and remains a testament to the power and resilience of women in Hollywood. She passed away on October 6, 1989, leaving behind a celebrated and enduring legacy.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #Bette_Davis #quotes #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio