Born: June 21, 1982
Jussie Smollett is an American actor and singer who gained widespread recognition for his role as Jamal Lyon on the television series “Empire.” He was born on June 21, 1982, in Santa Rosa, California. Smollett comes from a talented family, with several of his siblings also pursuing careers in the entertainment industry.
Smollett’s acting career began at an early age, and he appeared in a number of films and TV shows before landing his breakthrough role on “Empire” in 2015. His portrayal of Jamal Lyon, a talented musician struggling with his identity and family dynamics, earned him critical acclaim and a loyal fan base. Smollett’s performance on the show showcased his vocal abilities, as he also contributed to the soundtrack with his own music.
In addition to his acting career, Smollett has pursued music as a solo artist. He released his debut album, “Sum of My Music,” in 2018, featuring the single “Freedom.” His music combines elements of R&B, soul, and pop.
However, in 2019, Smollett became embroiled in a highly publicized controversy. He claimed to be the victim of a hate crime, alleging that he was attacked by two individuals who shouted racial and homophobic slurs. As the investigation unfolded, suspicions arose that the incident was staged. Smollett was eventually charged with filing a false police report but maintained his innocence throughout the legal proceedings.
The case garnered significant media attention and sparked debates about hate crimes, media coverage, and the criminal justice system. Ultimately, in March 2019, all charges against Smollett were dropped, but the controversy surrounding the incident had a lasting impact on his career and public image.
Since then, Smollett has kept a relatively low profile in the entertainment industry. While his role on “Empire” was ultimately cut short due to the controversy, he continues to be remembered for his contributions to the show and his impact on the portrayal of LGBTQ+ characters on television.
Jussie Smollett’s 5 most popular quotes
- There’s not one human being on the planet earth who has never felt, at some point, unaccepted. At some point in our lives, we feel like we’re not good enough, but we have to step back and realize that we are.
- There really is no weight to telling the truth. It’s a little scary sometimes, but if you tell the truth, you don’t have to be looking over your shoulder.
- You work hard and you pray, and you do something where you know the energy around the project is right, but you never really know if it’s going to hit and resonate with audiences.
- Some of the greatest films and television have only been seen by the people that make them. And some of the greatest music is only heard by the people who make it.
- Me releasing my music, if anything, is an opportunity to show the world my stories and tell the world my stories.
👉Listen to the best music from all over the world at www.liveonlineradio.net #American_actor #actor #jussie_smollett #Birthday #FM #Online_radio #radio #live_online_radio #live #world_radio